Friday, July 22, 2011

Why can't I speak after vocal rest? ?

There was one day when I had a slight sore throat. I have been having vocal practices, and I disregarded my sore throat and went for vocal practice with my friends and we got high, singing and occassional shouting for about 3 hours. After the practice, I realised that I had lost my voice. It didn't really hurt, but just that my voice couldn't come out much. For the next 5 days, I decided to give my voice a rest, talking only when needed. Initially, my throat didn't hurt, but at the 4th or 5th day, it starts to hurt slightly and my voice turns hoarse and still couldn't really speak up. So at the 5th day, I decided to see the doctor as I was afraid of vocal nodules. The doctor said that it was just vocal cords swallon due to singing with a sore throat. He told me to have vocal rest for 2 days and gave me some anti inflammatory medicine. I have already not spoken a word for the past 3 days, but today, when I tried to speak, my voice still seems to have some difficulty coming out. The voice isn't hoarse anymore, but when I try to speak my normal volume, my throat will hurt slightly. When my vocals aren't moving, it feels perfectly fine. I am gonna take a few more days vocal rest. Does anyone know what's wrong with my vocals? Why does it feel so difficult speaking now? I doubt it's vocal nodules as there isn't any lump in my throat. Is there anyway to speed my recovery? I hope I didn't do some inrepairable damage to my vocals. Can somebody help me please, my voice is very important to me. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment